Re: water pump survey

Greetings Alfisti:
       With regards to the water pump survey on the V6 mothere's my two cents:
1987 Milano Gold sedan, 2,5litre motor.Bought @52,000 miles,no water pump
replacement according to records received w/ the car.Just replaced the water
pump  @ 117,200 miles.Timing belt changed according to manufacturer
recomendations.Interestingly enough, when the water pump went out, the bearing
froze up;there was no water leakage before then.The pump appeared to be the
original one (I'm guessing).Replaced it with a pump from an import auto parts
company,I'm wanting to say that the pump was made by "SIPEA",or "SPICA" (?!)
Is this the "right" (meaning quality) pump?
   Also,many thanks to John Finkelstein for the info on the ARNA.