Re: FIAT 127, 131 (was: Re: Car of the century)

I wrote:
"I don't think it is reasonable to infer too much about the 127 from the Yugo."

Carl responded:
"David,  These cars just didn't survive the NE climate, Yugo or Fiat.  Snow, salt and sand wreaked havock on them.  "

Carl, I'm aware that this is what your original post was trying to say.  However, I expect bad maintenance and sevice is more
responsible for the quick destruction of FIATs in your areas as the climate.  Many parts of the world with equally bad climates have
many happy FIAT owners - Scandinavia, for example, or even the area of England where I ran my 127 (latitude approx. the same as
Alberta, and plenty of road salt).  For years our second car in Duluth, Minnesota was a FIAT Strada,  it was driven every day even
in the winter, and ran happily when we sold it at 10 years old.  If you post your original note on the Italian Car digest, I'm sure
you'll get many similar responses.