Spider blind spot

     Jason wrote:
        The rear-view mirror in my '92 Spider Veloce proves to be a
     hinderance to forward vision.  When I am at a stop light or on the
     freeway, the mirror tends to cover up whole cars and pedestrians that
     are on the passenger's side of the car.  Admittedly, at 6'3", I am
     tall, and perhaps this may be the origin of the problem, but there's
     got to be a solution short of slouching in my seat.

     Jason,
     I found the spot seems to disappear if I focus at a greater distance.
     Also by looking over, under or beside the mirror, it seems to be out
     of the way. In a larger car, the mirror would be further away from
     your eyes, and hence take up less of your field of vision, but we
     drive a rather small car, so we make the best of it!
     Len