Re: Needing advice on replacing 115 front cover gaskets

Marcus Alley posted:

2) Can I get by with lifting the head 1/4" off the block?  I have the
   head removal tool from AR Ricambi, which consists of two plates and
   two thru-bolts.  This does a nice job of lifting the head up enough
   to almost get your fingers between the head and block.  Since the
   head gasket only has 300 miles on it, it would sure be nice if I
   didn't have to replace it again...

Do not try to do this.  If you lift the head at all the head gasket must be
replaced.

Loyd Heimbruch
78 Niki Spider