driving - italian style

David Ross wrote:

>My *next* car was a Honda Civic, which blew up within weeks of purchase on
the >M1 outside London, when I tried to drive it like the
>Italian cars to which I was more accustomed.

How true. I once bought a used Honda Accord thinking it would make a good
commuter. I proceeded to drive it like my old Fiat 124 and the thing nearly
disintegrated before my eyes. There's nothing substantial in those cars. You
have to hold the shifter between two fingers for fear you might snap it off
if you get a bit overzealous. Within 3 months my Accord was toast and I was
riding in a vanpool. I finally came to my senses and bought the $400
Alfetta. That was over two years and 50k miles ago...

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided