Re: digesters @ concours Italiano

>To all of the digest members who are going to the concours on the 14th. How
>are we going to arrange to get all of our Alfas parked in the same area?
>Maybe we should meet outside at the shopping center down the road and all go
>in together or maybe someone with some influence can arrange something for
>us inside.
>
>I'd imagine that they should be pretty accommodating to anyone that shows up
>in an Alfa.
>
>Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
>72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6

*****

I think this is a great idea, but the parking at CI is run with surgical
precision.  I think they hire an outside agency to do the parking, so I
don't know if it's possible to "grease the wheels" in this case.  The main
road in is split up into two or three "ticket taking" sections so it would
be hard to stay together, but it's not impossible.  I talked to Les
Fitzsimmons of the ARA yesterday, and in years past, the public parking
area just a stone's throw outside the concours itself was "marque-specific"
for different car clubs, with Italian, German, and British sections, etc,
but you will have had to obtain a specific parking permit for this area in
advance.  If you don't have one now (and I don't), it's probably too late
to park in this area.  Problem is each section can hold maybe 20 cars and
that's it.  I got one of the last spots in 1997.  This lot fills up fast
and then they close it off and you're relegated to parking next to the
Darth Vader-black Suburbans in the overflow area.

However, if we can get a caravan of Alfas together to go en masse into the
concours at a specific time, we can at least park together even if it's not
the Italian section.  The parking attendants tell you which row to turn in
but they don't tell you exactly which space to park in, so once you're on
the green you can park where you like.  Bring yer chairs and have a picnic
on the nice "green" parking lot.  The concours opens at 10 for those not
displaying their cars.  Get there no later than 11:30 for good parking, and
get out before 3:30 if you think you may have clutch problems in the mass
exodus of cars and the resultant gridlock.

I'm all for this if anyone wants to meet on Friday morning either somewhere
in the Bay Area or on the way to Monterey.

Chris Robyn
Berkeley, CA
'84 GTV-6
'91 168