My first Alfa

Just wanted to let you all know that I am finally an Alfa owner!  After
months of searching, having to cancel a cross country trip that included
checking out some Spiders, numerous test drives, and being relatively
picky, I finally found one.  Two weeks ago, I picked up my 67
Duetto from the mechanic (Angelo of Imported Motor Service in San
Francisco, who has been absolutely fantasic!)

Complete with sunglasses and headscarf (think Audrey Hepburn :-), I've
had way too much fun tooling around the Bay Area.  Some
highlights- blowing past the teenage boys in the vintage Mustang who
were yelling at me and my friends (one friend smooshed in the back),
polishing a car that has chrome, the cute guy on the Triumph motorcycle
that noticed me (or was it just the car...), and freezing during the
commute
through San Francisco when the fog rolls in, but keeping that top down!
Now
I really know what it's all about!

I want to thank those who sent me email throughout my search for their
advice
and good wishes, and to the digest at large, which really helped educate
me about the marque.

Thanks!

Robin

'67 Duetto (blue)  DNMK DUO plate on order
'92 Saab 900 (rainy day car)

Robin Boyar
Manager, Customer Care
InsWeb Corporation