civic, 128, etc.

Actually, my recollection of the 128 was that it was a fairly fierce
little bugger in the right hands and enjoyed quite a bit of success in
private hands here in the US. Al Cosentino and the FAZA boys, at the
very least, won with great regularity in the 70s. Al claims the sundry
sanctioning bodies changed their rules with abandon to hinder FAZA's
otherwise unmitigated success with 128s (read his hilariously
assembled hodgepode of notes, ads, letters, photos and stories in the
"FAZA 128/Strada Racing Bible" or whatever it was called... it's kind
of like his Alfa Owner magazine ads - only it goes on for about 500
pages!).

>>>Another thing to note is that unlike the FIAT and Honda me toos,
the Mini had a very successful career in small sedan racing and
international rally competition.
Chris Prael