re: Did they paint underneath?

Hans, in answer to your question about whether the underside of 105 spiders
was painted:
>Does anybody know if the factory actually painted the bottom in the same
>color. All cars in the netherlands have got black coating, but i dont know
>if this rust proofing is applied afterwards?

I know for certain that they did paint the underside of the Bertone coupes,
and then sprayed the sticky black stuff over the paint.  I'd guess all the
cars were done the same way, since they painted the entire bodies by
dipping them in big tanks.  Pictures of this operation are shown in several
books.

Dana Loomis