76 Spider fuel pressure light

I'm hoping someone can get me pointed in the right direction on this.
I finally got around to getting the dash indicator lights working (Oil
/ fuel pressure/ lights/ highbeams).

The fuel pressure light illuminates when the ignition is engaged, then
goes off when the engine starts.  At idle, with my foot off he
throttle, @8000 rpm, the fuel pressure light comes back on. Touching
the throttle
very lightly, without actually increasing rpm (at least according to
the Tach), the idle smoothes out slightly, and the light goes out
again. foot off the throttle, and it comes back on.

Anyideas on the most likely suspect? I just replaced the under hood
filter, and planned on doing the tanke filter next oil change.

Any advice / tips would be greatly appreciated.

==
Phil  Dupont  AROC 38653
76 Alfa Spider
92 325ic