Re: Spider cooling

The below symptoms described by Andy were just those of my Milano (for
sale) a few years ago.  It was 80% blocked according to the radiator
shop and we replaced it.  Now 175 degrees at all times.

Bernie Bennett

Dana Loomis wrote:

> Andy Huang wrote:
> >During my daily commute, 20 minutes mostly secondary roads with
> >stoplights, the temperature is stable at two hashes above the 175
> >degree mark...If I take the longer freeway route
> >home, 25 min, 10 on freeway at 80mph, top down, ambient 100F, the
> >temperature climbs to the 4th mark above 175 (one below the red 250)
> >and eventually, the overtemperature light comes on, dimly at first,
> >then full
>
> Something is wrong with your cooling system.  Even though higher speeds
> mean higher RPMs and therefore more heat produced, any car will normally
> run cooler on the freeway than on city streets because of the greater
> airflow through the radiator.  Your car's behavior means it isn't losing
> heat efficiently, either because of a restriction in coolant flow (like a
> plugged radiator)

Right Dana the key is -- the faster he goes the hotter it gets.

>or blocked air flow.

Not likely or it would get hot when going slow.