RE: Ben Dixon's Glove Box Radio

>I couldnt bring myself to cut into the dash of my '68 1750 gtv, so I
decided I could do without the glovebox <

I'm with you Ben, I spent hours patching the hackfest that was the dash in
my ' 66 Sprint GT Veloce but it wasn't the fear of cutting the dash that
bothered me, as it was the sight of a contemporary CD player/tuner sitting
in that nice vintage interior. I tucked mine in the glove box and put the
speakers in the kick panels where they were a little less conspicuous.  To
give it a bit more punch I placed a 8" free air subwoofer in the trunk
(behind the carpet where the rear seat used to be, but where the roll bar
now resides) and separate mini tweeters in the gaps between the dash and
the A pillars.

I now have the rockinest , most invisible car stereo imaginable.

Steve, however (the original poster on cutting the dash) has a cool vintage
Becker radio that will be a great asset to his car.

Eric Sands

http://home.earthlink.net/~esands/ (under construction)

'66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce -Uva Bella-
'87 Milano Platinum