RE: leaking sunroof gasket

> I had a similar problem in my previous car (a T-top 300ZX).
> I used silicon oil to lubricate the t-top rubber seals, and that
> stopped the leaking problem. Rubber does get hard in the sun, and
> silicon oil seems to restore some of its elasticity. Anyway, my $0.02.

along those same lines, i have found that rubber components such as cv joint
boots and steering rack boots respond well to cleaning and silicone as well.
failures seem to be accelerated by dried out rubber and road grime which
acts as an abrasive.  i try to keep these things clean when i'm under the
car for service, and give them squirts of silicone after cleaning to try to
keep things supple.

fwiw,

bs