gtv6 carbon canister; end part I

> yes, i got to the vapor separator (the small tank), and my valve
> (which is plastic) works fine: ie. lets air *in* the system. The
service
> manual calls it an inlet valve, so I guess it's ok. After that
> I lose track of the vapor line; it has to go somewhere, but I dunno...
>
>  >>
>Thats not the valve I mean!  There is another one downstream of the
plastic
>one and lets air out of the tank.  I found mine when I removed the seat
back.

>Tony

Thanks to Tony for his patience. I have finally found the metal
in-line valve downstream the black/yellow plastic one. The valve
works well enough, but the hose down from it is plugged. I have
followed it until it disappears under the carpet on the driver side.
I will have to remove the carpet soon, since is faded and I want
a new one, so I am not giving up just yet.

Behind *and* in front the front wheels there are two (on each side)
hidden areas behind a metal plate. I know it's metal because is
badly rusted. The space behind the wheel (in the front well) is
empty (so to speak). Mine contains the drain hose from the sunroof
(plugged) and a couple of kilo worth of dry soil. Same for right and
left side. The space in front of the wheel (again, in the well, between
the wheel and the bumper) is again masked by a metal plate,
this time also screwed at its bottom. Behind it, just the horn
(one per side).

Again, this could be specific to my Balocco 1982. Other vintage
may actually have the carbon canister in one of those hidden areas.

After I remove the carpet, I will trace the damn vapor line (now
reduced to a small diamater plastic tube, for some reasons) to its
end, and dutifully report to the list :--)

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions I have received.

Carlo
GTV6 Balocco 1982 still building up pressure but not for long...