164LS embarassing question

	Call me a checkbook mechanic if  you wish...I just bought a
flameproof suit as well so it won't hurt (much)!

	My '95 5 speed 164LS (3 liter 24V) is just out of warranty and
now I have to take more responsibility for maintenence. Until last
night, I've never tried to locate the gearbox dipstick, as there were no
leaks, so I assumed all is OK. All is still OK AFAIK, except that the
dipstick is not where the owner's manual shows it is. (Just left of, and
below the air filter box when looking from the front of the car.)

	The photo shows it to look like an oversized cotter pin in that
area. I looked and looked yesterday with MagLite in hand and could find
nothing like what the photos show. Didn't even look like the same car as
the detail photo shows!

	Is it me or is it the Owner's Manual? (Yes, I'll soon be
ordering the CarDisk too.)

	(I'll be at the Concours Italiano if anybody wants to tell me
what a "dip" I am. White 168LS, CA plates "3MFG945")

> Digest #69 just showed up today. Saw a post of mine in there. Kind of
> scary
> to see and think, "I didn't write that! What's going on?" Until I
> noticed
> the date that is...

	Me too, just arrived from the Black Hole.