156 and old gearbox tip

I have been reading a lot of these "my experience with 156", and sometimes
it seems like the writer has been blinded by the extremly beutifully shaped
body of the 156, and got into the the car next to the alfa(Something with
four wheel that was traded with 156).In handeling it's lightyears ahead of
the 75/Milano and way over 155(I have a 75 3.0 QV and a 155 Q4).
I have tryed every model except the diesel's.(I have tryed 146 diesel and
that was no good but, the 156 diesel is supposed to be fun to drive and
have a great sound).
The local dealer where I live loaned me the 156 1.6 for a race event.
We drove at a very smaal track(go karting track).
This was my first time at a "real" racetrack so I was very excited.
We did two laps with electronic timing and the best car did 2.45min. and I
did 2.48. The car that won had been training on this race track a few days
before.
The car he used was an Audi A4 1.8 turbo (lowerd, big wheels and chiptuned)
and mine was a base 156 1.6. From the startline to the first turn I managed
almost 100km/h and this A4 I bet is ca.3 sec. faster from 0-100km/h.
I knew that I did a good job but not that good. The track had a lot of
turns but there were 2 places that I managed about 100Km/h.
I have everything on tape, and the 156 is the best looking car in the corners.
Many people came to me during the race and wodered what I had done with the
car  because of what they saw on the race track. I have a video from Alfa
Romeo where they show road holding against BMW 318 and Audi A4 1.8(156 1.8).
The 156 is way ahead!

Regarding the interior there's so many choices that I don't think there
will be any problems finding something tasty(this is one of the things that
either you or your girlfriend/wife has the last word, Your wallet has).

A couple of months ago I was at a race evvent with the local Alfaclub.
We had 4 cars to show : 156 1.6, GTV 16V TS, 155 Q4 and a GTV6.
A lot of people visited our stand. That was fun. There was a Mercedes
dealer in front of us. They had one CLK, one diesel something and four or
five A-class.
You should see the look in their eye's. He he... It looked like the Alfa's
scared the shit out of them. I don't think they have seen these cars before.
The local BMW club did also have a stand. They had a lot of cars.
When we looked at it (and comments from people), it looked like an ordinary
parkingplace at a supermarked.

Well... enough of this.
Do you have problems with your synchro?
You just take all your oil out of the gearbox, refill 1/3 with new oil and
2/3 with diesel. Start the engine and do a lot of shifting(with the wheels
off the ground). When you have done a lot of the shifting you must take the
oil/diesel out and put on your new oil. I did this last night with my
Gulietta and now it works fine.

Anrt