Re: looking for a shop in Texas

joel lewis <loosej@flash.net> writes:

> I have done phone business with a shop in Austin.  It is called

> Motor Service.
> 2125 B Goodrich Ave.
> Austin, Tx.

So have I.

Here's what was WRONG with my '76 Spider when it left (I think they might
have pushed it onto the street).

1)  Cams, injector pump, and distributor 180 degrees out.  Yeah, it'll
run -- badly -- if set that way.
2)  Horn not working in spite of invoice to the contrary
3)  Illegally issued Texas state safety inspection sticker.  Violations:
 -- non-functional horn
 -- non-functional backup lights
 -- defective windshield wiper blades (If they'd tried the wiper
     switch, they could have failed me for that, too)
4)  Shoddy, leaky makeshift bypass job on heater core

Since it's a beater, I won't raise an issue about the fresh greasy
handprints on every available surface.

With as bad a job as was done on EVERY requested item, I'd take
my Spider to Aamco before I'd take it back to the jokers at
Italian Motor Service.

Jim Strohm
jstrohm@texas.net