Re:Car of the Century

To clarify/expand on my previous comments, I would hate to see the voting
dominated by drivers of Honda Civics with low rims and big mufflers.  Their
picks would be for the coolest car of the century.  While there have been
fantastic supercars throughout the decades, the impact of the toys of the rich
are small compared to more mundane offerings like the Morris Minor or the Bug.

The old Honda Controlled Vortex Combustion Chamber was a major milestone in
the development of the cleaner modern cars.  The Toyota Corolla was a huge
seller because it was well built, reliable, and affordable for the masses.
These are pretty bland cars, but their contributions to the evolution of the
automobile are very significant.

The Mustang was a huge trendsetter, even though it wasn't technically
brilliant.  It was largely responsible for the musclecar era that dominated
the motor industry offerings for over a decade and is still relevant today.

Nobody would question the impact of the E-Type, both technically and
aesthetically, but it was still a relatively affordable car.

The Cords, Aston Martins, and Ferraris certainly had influence on the
development of the automobile, but in my opinion, the car of the century
should be something relevant to the everyday person.  I've never owned a car
with an all aluminum V12.  Nor have at least 99.99% of everyone else I've ever
met.

Cheers!

Lawrence Gowin
71 GTV