164 Squeal - FIX!

MSterling:

I know the exact metallic squeal that you are referring to.  As odd as it
sounds, it is your AC/Water pump belt.  Specifically, the AC compressor
pulley and belt.  You need to tighten the belt more than it is now.

I had the exact same problem after replacing the belt.  I would start the
car, and mostly only during acceleration, a loud shrill disgusting screech.
In mid-screech, I could reach over and turn off the HVAC.  Instantly the
noise would cease.

I re-tightened the AC compressor belt, and all is quiet and peaceful once
again.  A very simple fix.

Thanks,
Daniel Schafer
85' Spider