Re: FW: Alfa engine longevity

In message , Roger LaFerriere <RLAF@classic.msn.com> writes
>I have recently dis-assembled a 2.5 V-6 that had a 100,000 miles on it - the
>original main and con-rod bearings had no visible wear on them what so-ever.
>They could be reused in my rebuild!!!!!!
Why bother? These things cost pennies to replace while you have got the
engine in bits. Also how good are your eyes? Can you swear on your
timing belt that it's not just even wear across the full width of the
bearing?
I personally would swap them for the same reason that I'd swap the
clutch on my 164 if I ever had to take the gearbox out (And probably the
crank rear oil seal, gearchange linkage bush, and maybe some more stuff
I could see while I was in there).
--
Jonathan Coates
164LV6 Daily driver