Mime Attachments? (No Alfa Content)

Hi Fellow Digesters,

How come there are more and more emails getting posted on the Digest with
mime attachments or fancy formatting of words in bold italics, etc.? Is
this good etiquette? All is well when you are using something like
Netscape to read the mail but surely a lot of other email packages just
shows all these characters as gibberish! It makes it worse for me to get
the mail downloaded in digest form and then have all these rubbish
characters in them. Should we not strive to make our mail readable to as
many people as possible?

Regards,
Phill

Alfa Romeo Club of South Africa (ARCSA)