New Giulietta Lucas Style Generators

I noticed that Moss Motors (a British car parts vendor, 800-235-6954)
lists a Lucas style generator for sale.  It appears to be a nearly
exact replacement for the stock Giulietta normale generator.  The only
apparent differences are the different end plate material and the use
of spade connectors (I've seen both spade and threaded types on
Giuliettas).  My 60 spider normale uses part number 22258, so I think
there is a typo (extra 2) in the ad.  Price seems to be very
reasonable.

Excerpt from the ad in Spring 98 Moss Motoring magazine/catalog:

"Lucas Style Generator.  Replaces original Lucas types 222258 and
22700.  Fits MGA, MGB... {and lots of other British cars}... These are
brand new generators of the 1960-67 type, with straight (non-stpped
solid cases and Lucar (spade-type) connectors.  They also feature cast
iron instead of diecast zinc alloy end plates...
   140-200      $74.95"

(I don't own any British cars, but have found some other good
substitutes in their catalogs.)

John Basel
Bolton, MA