164 headlight washers relay

I recently "bastardized" (fixed with non Alfa parts) my 164 headlight
washer. Here are the details...

original part is a Bosch relay part number 139732804 made in Italy.

The original relay pins are:

S= power when washer switch activated
31= ground
30= 12 volts constant (maybe ignition on)
56= power when parking lights on
P= power out to pump

without the original relay I dont know how you can determine what plug in
the socket is what.

notes on original relay:
many have failed.
from the most I can tell from my bad relay, it pulses on/off the washer
motor
The head light washers use a lot of fluid !!

Information on the replacement relay I used
old-new
S=86
31=85
30=87
56=87 (cut this tab off of new relay, or lights will come on when washing
windshield)
P=30

The new relay does not pulse, and washes weather the lights are on or off.
Other than those two exceptions the replacement works fine.
I dont like drawing, or reading ASCII art so I wont try a diagram,  if any
one wants more information I can fax a schematic diagram, or if you would
like the part number to the new Bosch relay I used drop me a Email.

PS if you ever find or buy the original relay just unplug the substitute
and plug in the one ALFA intended.

Bill LeClair
Lynn, MA
79 Spider
91 164L

My solution was to substitute a generic 30A bosch relay.