GTV6 Volage Regulator Shorting???

Last night I noticed my GTV6 was cranking a little
slowly. Hmmm.  Battery is only 3 months old.

This morning I started it up, again it cranked slowly,
and I noticed an odd, somewhat high-pitched whining sound
coming from the area of the fuse box.  Shut the car down
and the whining sound continued!  Late for work, so I
disconnected the battery negative terminal and drove the
Milano instead.

Told the story to a colleague at work, and he said "sounds
like a bad voltage regulator.  Had that happen on an old
Dodge.  Internal short in the regulator is draining your battery."
Does this sound right? Is there a voltage regulator
in the fuse box?  Can someone give me a pointer (I don't have
a diagram)?

Please reply directly, as well as to the digest.  I'm way
behind in my digest reading.

David Tallerico
Silver Spring, MD