Re: alfa-digest V6 #27

Mark Damby writes
>OK, I'm having to replace the clutch at 52K miles. A smash in the wallet,
>but I don't want to be stranded on one of the many hills/mountains around
>here with no where to go but down the wrong way. Anyway, the pressure plate
>and seal are being replaced as well as a bearing somewhere, according to my
>dealer, so while her guts are spilling out, should anything else be
>done/checked? Thanks as always.

I'd check for leaks on the engine sump as the "cigarette" seals on the
engine sometimes leak and I've heard can only be replace with the
gearbox off, or engine out, mine leaks a present, dripping sump oil onto
the manifold, however rectification will have to wait ! Has any one else
experienced this problem on 164 v6?

--
Adam Coombe
164L, 89