Isle of Man

I've just returned from 4 days in the Isle of Man, most famous of course for
the famed TT motorcycle races over the 37 1/2 mile road circuit. Seeing it and
driving over it and the several other circuits on the island for cars, bikes
and karts is seriously mind-blowing. However, I was there to drive the 1932
Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 which Tim Birkin and Lord Howe drove at LeMans in that year,
and lead until 4 in the morning. You will be able to see this in a future issue
of Auto Italia, but the visit set me to thinking about the number of Alfas
which raced in the Isle of Man pre-war in the Mannin Moar races and similar,
and hence I am now trying to find out who might have some photographs of
pre-war Alfas particularly in the Isle of Man.
I'm hoping to get my Giulietta Ti ready in time for the Manx Classic in
September, which is a road race( well, a sprint pursuit) of about 4 miles
 on public roads, complete with trees and lamp posts, etc. The Alfa Romeo
Owners Club UK is now planning a weekend trip in October to the Isle of Man,
with a bigger venture next May or June, and that one may include a hill climb,
again on public roads, or at least a sprint/autocross.
Ed McDonough