RE: milano fan question

Willie wrote:

> i own an '88 milano verde.  two days ago my radiator fan stopped working.
> so, i ordered a radiator fan control switch... and replaced it.
> that didn't do the trick, so i replaced the 2 relayes on the front right side
> of the engine compartment.  that didn't do it either. yes, the fan does work.
> so i ask you-what else could it be?

The engine cooling fan circuit in the Milano is relatively simple:

+12v (bat) ---- fuse ---- switch ---- fanMotor ---- Gnd

+12v (ign) --------------- coil ---- thermalSwitch ---- Gnd

The fuse/switch/coil are part of the engine cooling fan relay (I1),
which is mounted on the inside fender wall near the airbox.

(For a better wiring diagram see the article "Rewire Your Milano Fan to Run After
the Engine is Turned Off" at the website:

   http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti

To find the article select "Feature stories" and "Cooling.")

Given the simple wiring diagram, if you have a voltmeter, you should be
able to find the problem. Just start at the fuse and work your way towards
the fan motor, checking for 12 volts as you go.

Good luck,

Rich
Editor, i Saluti, St Louis AROC
Website: http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti