milano fan question

I would like to forward to the collective wisdom the below inquiry,
sounds alot like the current GTV6 fan thread, can anyone help this guy
out?  If you want to copy/reply to him directly, he's at ce14@visi.net.
Thanks,
Peter Kemos
'73 GTV
'89 Verde
Santa Cruz, Ca

-- BEGIN included message

hi,
 this is willie.  i own an '88 milano verde.  two days ago my radiator
fan stopped working.  so, i ordered a radiator fan control switch that
is located at the back- bottom side of the radiator and replaced it.
that didn't do the trick, so i replaced the 2 relayes on
the front right side of the engine compartment.  that didn't do it
either.  yes, the fan does work.  so i ask you-what else could it be?
or what could i test next?  also do you know the theory of operation of
the radiator fan control switch.  i tested for voltage on one side of
the 2 prong switch and it read 12volts.  so once the water gets to the
proper temp. is the switch suppose to close and deliver 12volts to the
other side of the switch?  any info would be deeply appreciated.

your fellow alfisti,

willie

p.s. shiv gave me your address.

-- END included message