RE: Oil on air filter body

Thanks, I have an extra intake boot, so I decided to give this
a try. I use the biggest drill I have which is 1/2"( or 12.7 mm ).
It can go up to 15.5 mm if I have that size.  But I think
1/2" will certainly see the effect of this solution,
as original size is only 5.5 mm.  As far as my knowledge go,
I do so see any bad side effect on the solution, because I can see
my VW VR6 engine which does not even has oil separator, and the
diameter of the hole on intake boot is about 13 mm.

However, if it works as some of you have already verified.
I will be really puzzled, because I can see how Alfa intentionally
reduce the diameter of the ventilation.  On 164, it even has an
plastic insert to reduce diameter even further.  Why will Alfa
want to reduce diameter there( and increase the messy oil on intake
boot ) ?  There must be a reason Alfa is doing this.
Anyone has any idea ?

Karl 92 164S, San Jose, USA

Niel wrote:

Oil leakage on air filter body:  As the discussion continues on this
issue, it suggests to me that my previous explanation of the solution
was not clear.  Here goes again:

The hose from the oil vapour separator to the big intake hose contains
a metal pipe section, where the hose connects to the big intake hose.
You can see this if you disconnect the hose and pull it out.  The metal
piece is like this:

                        	/--------
		       	 ======/
large intake hose side 	                       oil vapour
separator side
 	   		 ======\
				\________

Drill out the smaller side as much as you're able to without disturbing
the
outer surface, and the problem is 95% fixed.

Both of these solutions were given to me originally by the esteemed
Mr. DiMatteo...

Cheers,
Neil

Aachen Germany
<<

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]