Re: Synchro problems and brake pedal height.

Costel wrote:

> - - When downshifting, "toe" the gas pedal.  In other words, because you are
> going to a lower gear, the rpm of the engine would be higher when the lower
> gear engaged than it would be with the higher gear for the same vehicle
> speed.

I assume you mean a double-declutch. Just blipping the throttle will
only
help if the clutch is sticking, which should better be repaired.
But on my GTV 2.0 the brake pedal is too low to make this convenient.
Is this normal, or is there some adjustment I have to do?
I have new rotors and pads at the rear, adjusted per the factory WSM.
Had the brake pedal been higher, it would have suited my way of "toeing"
the throttle, which really is a sideways tilt of the foot. (I have big
feet. :-)

The high momentum of the driveline also opposes a quick gearchange using
double-declutch, but that's not easy to remedy. I wonder why the Alfa
engineers designed it this way. Could it have something to do with the
prohibitive price on aluminum flywheels and clutch rings? Or should I
just accept this as the best solution. OK. I'll admit this paragraph
is my input to the "original is best" debate :-)

--
Einar Sjaavik, einar_sjavik@login.eunet.no,
http://www.login.eunet.no/~einar/