Re: Bill's 164 questions

      1] Can someone enlighten me as to how to change the light for the
desired temp on the A/C control panel? Is it a big job? I am tired of using
the dome to see it at night.

Slide up the trim, undo two screws, hinge out A/C panel and pull free.  You
can see the (bayonet-fitting) bulbs then IIRC.  They are expensive bulbs, but
same as motorbike speedo bulbs, so try a motorbike shop if you have a problem
obtaining.

	2] Is anyone else having a problem with their non sunroof model, dome
light console being sticky? It seems to be "melting" as if the plastic
mix wasn't correct.

They do this if you fit over-wattage bulbs.

	3] At times the clutch pedal seems to lose it's hold. It goes down half
way, but in letting off, it returns to normal. Is this a master going,
or the slave? or both?  The damper is removed, which gave much better
feel.

Dunno, sorry.  Anyone with a RHD 164 had a squeaking clutch pedal?  Mine does,
and so far I have found no cure.  I'm living with it.

	4] Has anyone found a good source for a quality ball joint for these
cars? My dealer item seems loose again, but it is not vey old. It did
survive Sebring, but geez, maybe 15K?

I've had no probelm so far, so can't help.  Mine are OE.

	5] Anyone found a solution to the brake warning lights [dash] coming on
for no reason other than the car talking to you?

Take the fluid reservoir cap off, unplug, and dismantle the level sensor.  It
is easy to dismantle.  Clean the contacts and make sure it all works smoothly
when you reassemble.  I tested it with an ohm-meter before putting it all
back.  It's been OK for the 20K miles since.

	6] Why does the car feel so good at 90 mph? :o)

'Cos it's a red-blooded Alfa, that's why   :-))

Tony Wood
Hampshire, England
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tonywoodtw/">Homepage, my steam railway pics,
etc.</A>