Re: San Francisco south bay AR shops

Robert,
  I use FAR Performance in Mountain View (650-968-2911) for my 88 Milano
Verde. FAR is more expensive than A-1 Foreign, but have given me better
advice and better service. I dropped A-1 several years ago after they
botched a minor job. They could have refunded some money, or offered some
discount service as compensation, but instead they refused to admit any
fault whatsoever. They also forgot to connect my radiator fan once -- a
minor yet crucial mistake.
  On the other hand, FAR has given me better service and more considerate
and understandable advice. They have made a few mistakes also, and have
always been eager to resolve the problem. (They have swallowed the cost on
a couple, and I coughed up more cash on one.)

Craig Lawson
claw@rahul.net