Spitty GTV6

I have been experiencing for some time now a
"spitty" response from my 84 GTV6. It usually
occurrs when the car is first started, and seems to
be more noticable on humid or cold days. Once
started up, usually as I go up the street it
straightens out, but it can come back intermittetly
as well and occur at other than cold or damp times.
I know there are several things to suspect, but what
my question is (father Fred?) is what would be the
logical order to proceed, and what tools to test with.
I am already replacing the plug wires (just because
they need it anyway) and shortly will replace the
rubber gas lines from gas tank to hard lines on the
rear (just recently did all of them at the engine in
tech session) and gas filter.
Other suspicions would include one injector not
firing correctly, or staying open, but I don't know
how to test that, or what special tools would be
required.
Guidance, Thoughts, Voodoo ritual, - I give it the
old Italian tune up all the time!

Chip Denyko
93 Spider Veloce
95 164 Quad
84 GTV6 Maratona
Possible Moto Guzzi V10 Centaro in my future...?
(yellow to match Spider....)