RE: Oil on top of V6 air filter box

It seems oil in air in-take boot and finally flowing down
to mass air flow meter and on top of air box is an necessary
annoyance.

I cleaned everything from oil vapor separator, idle speed
actuator, rubber air in-take boot, air flow meter and air filter box
every 10,000 miles.  Oil in air flow meter can get so sticky
that air flow meter door cannot be open freely.  Thoroughly
clean the air flow meter and it open and close freely.
I use brake part cleaner spray.

I always remove oil vapor separator and thoroughly clean the
inside of the device. I use brake part cleaner spray too to
clean it.

However, do not try to block or restrict the passage of crankcase
ventilation.  It is very important that corrosive engine blow-by
gas is being get rid of engine crankcase.  Just look inside the oil
vapor separator you will understand how corrosive it is.  If the
separator is very rusty, replace it.

The harder you drive and also the older the engine, the more
blow-by gas will be generated.

Karl
92 164S

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]