LSD

Having autcrossed and raced a GTV6 with and without a LSD and driver a
GT3 Nissan with a locked rear end there is a difference. The locked and
LSD put  the power down on the ground where you need it. on the
autocross course a LSD is worth 2+ seconds without any changes. Before I
installed a LSD on my GTV6 I would spin/smoke the inside tire in tight
turns because I had more power than traction. The handling changes
because you do not have to feather the gas or use part throttle out of
turns.

On the road course the LSD is good tight or a series of turns. A locked
diff  is very good , but changes your line out of the turns. The
difference between the two is usually driver preference.  At Hallet the
GT3 Nissan broke the locked diff and lap times dropped 8-12 seconds a
lap because of the needed traction to accelerate around and up the
hills. In the wet both a LSD and locked diff still work well, but a with
any racing in the rain the drivers smoothness and car balance will
payoff. I hope this helps.

ANDREWG

Houston, Tx