Re: Alfa Romeo 33 16v 1st Gear Crunch

Well Eddie, I also have the same car and the very same problem. I don't know how to cure
this, but I do know some things which might help.

When you put it into the 1st, but quickly, you hear the crunch, am I right ? Try to do
it a little bit slower, and make yourself sure you know exactly where the right position
for the 1st gear is. I'm not joking, actually I find quite difficult the shifting into
the 1st gear, especially when I need it fast (well, perhaps another Murphy's law
here...)

The medicine for both the crunching and the difficulty of shifting into 1st gear is (at
least in my case) to shift into the 2nd and then put it into the 1st. This will make the
gearbox accept the 1st gear easily and without crunching.

I only do these things to prolog the life for the gearbox, since I'm not a mechanic and
I don't know a good one. Hope it helps.

Lucian