Re: Tires & 180hp

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Sean Lee wrote:

> With all of this talk about tire sizes its made me wonder.....
>
> I've been thinking about putting 15" wheels on my 89 spider.
> What size should I use 15x6, 6.5, or 7? Also, what would be
> a good, aggressive tire size that still clears without any rubbing?

I am going to try 15x7, (off a Mustang) soon--I'll let the Digest know
what the result is.

> Also, Alan Lambert wrote about 2000 putting out 180 hp
>
> "Shahrol told me he had it dyno'd at 180 HP at 7200 rpm."

> is this something that I can have done (for a reasonable cost)
> to my car?

no, no, no,--I wrote about a 2.5 liter V6

I've been toying with the idea of getting a roll bar and
> learning to drive on a track.

You'll be better off by tightening up the suspension and learning to
drive first---When you are more into it, then decide what mods you want.

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@crl.com>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******