Limited slip!

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 10:40:17 -0800
From: Pierre Pfeffer <pspapc@home.com>
Subject: limited slip

A question for you racers and time trialers:  is limited slip an
advantage on the track?

I know on a wet track limited slip can dramatically shorten the time it
takes the rear end to catch up with (and pass) the front - not good.  It
also seems to me that under normal conditions, short of having a very
stiff race set-up, an open differential might help keep the back end in
line if the inside rear wheel begins to lift.  Sort of an automatic G
force limiter.

Any input, no matter how pointed (that's for you, Fred <vbg>) is
welcome.

Pierre

Pierre:
          Well about thge limited slip, yes it is a very good advantage for the
track! Though I don't use it! because my differential is locked! and it works very
good! even in karting, where the traction is locked it works very good!! Also in the
water you said that it can be a disadvantage! wll that depends of waht of a goor
driver you are! to get the advantages out of it!
good luck
Tony