GTV6 Various

hi

I have three GTV6 questions/queries I hope somebody may be able to help
me with.

1) Headlights
can anyone give me an indication of the alignment pattern for low beam.
This is for a right hand drive car. Currently right hand light is
spotting possums and attracting aircraft. Full beam seems ok.

2) instrument panel illumination
the illumination for my instrument panel has failed. I've checked the
fuse which seems ok. My manual states that the fuse for instruments is
also the fuse for the tachometer and relay for power windows. Both of
those are working ok. I doubt, but have not checked, whether all
backlights have failed. Anyone have any ideas. At night to gauge my
speed I would prefer not to rely on the knowledge that at 140kmh the
gear stick starts rattling.

3) Cambelt replacement
I have my car booked in to have the cambelt replaced (at least
18,000km's since it was last done), in terms of the fact that the
mechanics will be pulling bits off and generally working on the engine
are there any other things I should perhaps get them to do at the same
time. Car is relatively new to me (3 months 8,000km). Previous owner had
it for 10,000km and has done the obvious minor/routine maintenance eg
spark plugs, oil changes, air filter change, brake fluid change. Prior
to his ownership I have only gainsay on the maintenance of the vehicle.
I do not rate myself as a mechanic.

In total (to my knowledge) car has traveled 160,000km, was sold new in
NZ mid '87 so I guess would be one of the final batch produced and is
generally, apart from the aforesaid niggles, in good order.

Any ideas or advice gratefully received.

thanks

Quentin Bourke
bouque@topnz.ac.nz
GTV6