No Subject

>Copper tubing is not safe for brake lines and its use is expressly
>forbidden by Motorsport New Zealand. Any car that turns up for
>scrutineering with copper tubing installed is automatically rejected.

A reply from this POM, copper is legal in the UK for all useage
road and motor sport.
The issue with copper is that it did have a bad press at one point
because it less tolerant to bad flaring and also should use brass
end fittings.
Copper has a burst pressure of 10000PSI which is greater than
double the SAE standard for brake hoses (5000PSI).
Typical brake pipe presure in an emergency braking situation
is 2000 psi or so.
Cunifer or Kunifer is a trade name for Copper-Nickel and has
a burst pressure of 60% higher than copper (16000 PSI) it is
TUV approved (strict German technical standard).
Info is from the Demon Tweeks Motorsport brochure.

Most importantly it is used as OEM by Volvo and I believe SAAB
and has been for years, now say what you like about Volvo they
sell on safety and if they had any doubts they would use it!!!!!!!!!!.

I don't see what the issue is, the brake hose is a rubber pipe
with a metal flexi jacket at the end of the day and you have
probably a metre or so in the average car.

Regards

Jim

Chatham Kent England.

92' 75 T Spark 112K smiles & climbing.