Re: alfa-digest V5 #424

I've been lurking irregularly for some time, but opened V5 #424 tonight to
find a remarkable who's-who Alfadom being demeaned by people who may not
know better. Fred di Matteo, Jim Hayes, Paul Tenney and Tom Suter have
contributed significantly to the Alfa community for many years: in a couple
of instances, beginning with the introduction of the Giulietta in the US.
The fact that I know all these people personally (they are scattered all
over the US) suggests how small the group of long-term Alfa enthusiasts
really is.

I hope that civility survives in this forum. In any group, there are those
who will need to be one-up: something I have experienced first hand, both as
an author and member of the AROC board of directors. It would be a shame if
this digest were to become just another exercise yard for underdeveloped
self-images. I want to urge the participants in this digest to tread with
care over those rare resources which, at some time in the future, they may
dearly need.