Re: milano clutch (warning - whining and bitching)

Ken Stevenson wrote:

> Jan,
>
> Re: Clutch pivot ball breakage
> edlessly.
> --
>         Ken Stevenson     Dallas, Texas
>         1977 Lancia Monte Carlo - Argento -  AR 3.0 project
>         1991 Alfa Romeo 164L    - Nero

Hi Ken.

Don't they say :"Fooled once - shame on them, fooled twice - shame on
me?"  :)
BTW, were you ably to pull it out thru the fork opening, or did the cover
come off?
Was there  a hex on the pivot bolt shoulder ?  There's not on my car, but
the manual
*hints* at one.

I couldn't get the damn thing out thru the fork opening, so the clutch
cover has to come out.
The clutch only has 20k miles on it, so I can't  say that it had to be
done anyway.
So a $15 part will end up costing me some exhaust parts and work, 1 or 2
donuts, who knows what else?

I am planning on putting in a grade 8 bolt w. a bronze ball for the pivot.

thx for you mail
Jan