Re: milano clutch (warning - whining and bitching)

Jan,

Re: Clutch pivot ball breakage

I had this problem twice! The second time I decided to do something.
Determining that the cluch releases fully long before the pedal reaches
the floor, I decided that pivot ball breakage was caused by excessive
pedal movement. I rivited an extension to the base of the clutch pedal,
reducing total pedal travel.  My wife was the primary driver, this was
my best bet at controlling her behavior. My recommendation is to use
minimal clutch pedal movement. Once the clutch is fully released,
additional pedal movement stresses the pivot ball needlessly.
--
        Ken Stevenson     Dallas, Texas
        1977 Lancia Monte Carlo - Argento -  AR 3.0 project