How to torque hose unions

Hi all,

I'm going the install a new PS fluid supply hose (pump -> rack) hose on
my 90, after the old one started to weep PS fluid from heat degradation
(it passes very close to the LHS header), and I have the torque specs
from the manual, but the question I have is how to actually torque a
hose union. Is there some sort of drive adaptor that looks like an
open-ended spanner that I can attach to a torque wrench? I'm not sure
off the top of my head, but the manual appears to show in some places
something very similar. Or should I just use an open-ended spanner and
do it up "tight"?.

I guess a similar question applies to brake lines, but I haven't gone
there yet.

What do other people do?

Thanks in advance,

Tony
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
--
Tony Lupton                            *           CiTR Pty Ltd
Email: t.lupton@citr.com.au         *    *         339 Coronation Drive