164 clutch and new digest switch over

I've got a potentially huge problem with my clutch. It has 52K miles on it,
and is slipping horrendously. The dealer said it was about to go, and now
it's slipping sometimes when I jam the throttle at random times in 3rd and
4th gears. I know this is expensive as hell, but I was wondering if there
are other suppliers out there of better products. I don't want cheaper
goods, but I wanna know my options since this is inevitable in the next few
months.
Second, how can I make the switch to the new digest? I lost those instructions.
Thanks