Fuel Line Replacements (was copper fuel line)

When I tried to find replacement steel lines for my fuel lines, I couldn't
find any here in Santa Barbara. Readily available alternates were copper or
aluminum. I looked at the pressure rating of aluminum tubing and decided it
was plenty adequate for the relatively low pressure in the fuel lines
(after all, Alfa used ordinary rubber flex hose along with cheesy clamps at
both ends of the original steel lines). However, the point about fatigue
may be more important with Al. On the other hand, I have personally had
excellent luck with underground copper water lines in very expansive clay
soil in my house with no problems after 35 years at 125+ psi.

Peace of mind and originality favors finding the steel line, but where?
What about this high tech plastic line?

Any opinions appreciated-
Mike Grace
'74 GTV (almost back on the road and I don't want it to burn up!)