Tony Costello's '86 Spider gauges

tony costello wrote:

>problem: As a result of resetting the trip meter while under way the
>speedometer jammed up and now the odometer, trip meter and speedometer
>are now non-functional. Is just a simple cable replacement all I need to
>do?

These gauges are electronic, so a 'jam' is unlikely.  If the fuses and fuse
holder are genuinely OK (I'd clean them anyway, even if they seem to be OK by
visual inspection and a continuity tester), you might check and clean the
harnesses under the dash.  Actually, most likely (since a push on the trip
meter button killed the gauges) is a bad connection inside the pod.  You
might remove the pod and clean and reseat the place where the cables connect
to the back of the pod.

- David