gtv6 interior lighting prob. and suspension mods.

hi all,

today, the gtv6 interior courtesy lites at the door pillars decided they wanna
stay on all the time.  i can turn them off, but i like to have the lites come on
when i open the doors.  anyone been here before?  mebbe it's the suspension
mods?  (the car is _not_ as _comfortable_ as it used to be!)

tia,

doug s.

Hi Doug,

Most definately the suspension mods.  Any kind of modification on an alfa romeo will assuredly have serious adverse effects on the car.  For example, I'm certain the BB I used to replace the missing "ball bearing" in my driver's side interior light caused my rear shocks to have to be replaced.  I knew better than to use anything other than boge when I did the r&r.  This proves the correlation between suspension mods and interior lighting on the gtv6.  For goodness sakes, repent and revert.

Oh yea, it could be a problem with the timer which is located above the fuse box  and in the general area of the ignition amplifier a/k/a ignition ecu (84 and newer).  I guess it could also be some less subtle electrical problem.  Your best bet and starting point, though, should be unmodifying the suspension.

Rodney
McComb, MS