Re: alfa-digest V5 #425

>From: Ben Dixon <Ben@halman.com.au>
>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:41:02 +1030
>Subject: 105/115 Suspenion Mod
>
>I recently read about a suspension mod called a 'drop spindle' that
>involves splicing in an extra 3/4" of extra metal between the bottom of
>the spindle (where the lower ball joint attaches) and the axle.
>>only question is how to splice the extra metal in, and what sort of
>metal to use.  Im a bit worried about how to make the joints
>super-strong.  I may just take them to a local race engineering shop and
>have them do it.

>Ben
>
>'68 GTV 1750

Here in Quebec, welding of suspension components is illegal and I suspect it
is in many other places; welding cast materials is tricky. I used to be a
scrutineer for club races (and F1), and I wouldn't have accepted it. You
can't look at it and guess if it's been done correctly - assuming there is a
correct way to weld it in the first place.

Y. Boulanger.