spring compressor

Believe it or not I'm actually starting to run out of stuff to do on my
project Spider. One of the things left though is to replace the front
suspension lower arm bushings that have been the source of an annoying
"creak" during summer months for the past few years.

I have the new parts but I'm going to need a spring compressor to get the
things apart. Is this a "special" tool? The pictures of spring compressors
that I have seen in catalogs don't look like they would work on the front
springs.

Anyone out there that has done this, I'd appreciate some advice.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@crl.com